The nonmedical use of drugs presents social problems with important pharmacological aspects.
• Social aspects
• Rewards for the individual
• Decriminalisation and legalisation
• Nicotine pharmacology
• Effects of chronic smoking
• Starting and stopping use
• Passive smoking
• Car driving and alcohol
• Chronic consumption
• Pharmacological deterrence Psyc hod ysle plies
• Experiences with psychodysleptics
• Individual substances, especially cannabis
• methylxanthines (caffeine), ginseng, khat
Was this article helpful?
Your heart pumps blood throughout your body using a network of tubing called arteries and capillaries which return the blood back to your heart via your veins. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart beats.Learn more...