Infection is a major category of human disease and skilled management of antimicrobial drugs is of the first importance.The term chemotherapy is used for the drug treatment of parasitic infections in which the parasites (viruses, bacteria, protozoa, fungi, worms) are destroyed or removed without injuring the host.The use of the term to cover all drug or synthetic drug therapy needlessly removes a distinction which is convenient to the clinician and has the sanction of long usage. By convention the term is also used to include therapy of cancer.
• Classification of antimicrobial drugs
• How antimicrobials act
• Principles of optimal antimicrobial therapy
• Use of antimicrobial drugs: choice; combinations; chemoprophylaxis and preemptive suppressive therapy
• Problems with antimicrobial drugs: resistance; opportunistic infection; masking of infections
• Antimicrobial drugs of choice (Reference table)
Was this article helpful?
Did you ever think feeling angry and irritable could be a symptom of constipation? A horrible fullness and pressing sharp pains against the bladders can’t help but affect your mood. Sometimes you just want everyone to leave you alone and sleep to escape the pain. It is virtually impossible to be constipated and keep a sunny disposition. Follow the steps in this guide to alleviate constipation and lead a happier healthy life.