• Thyroid hormones (thyroxine/levothyroxine T4, liothyronineT^}
• Use of thyroid hormone: treatment of hypothyroidism
• Antithyroid drugs and hyperthyroidism: thionamides, drugs that block sympathetic autonomic activity, iodide and radioiodine 1311, preparation of patients for surgery, thyroid storm (crisis), exophthalmos
• Drugs that cause unwanted hypothyroidism
• Calcitonin, see Chapter 38
Was this article helpful?
Your heart pumps blood throughout your body using a network of tubing called arteries and capillaries which return the blood back to your heart via your veins. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart beats.Learn more...