• Manufacturer: Osteometer MediTech, Inc., Hawthorne, CA
• Skeletal application(s): Forearm
Percent young-adult and percent age-matched comparisons T-score and z-score
• Environmental operating temperature: 58° to 86° F (15° to 30°C)
• X-ray filtration: tin, K-edge filtration
• Detectors: Solid state
• Quality Control: Automated with forearm phantom supplied by manufacturer
• Operation: IBM-compatible computer, HP DeskJet 600C or equivalent printer, VGA monitor, unit on wheels for easy mobility
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.