1. Prochaska JO, DiClemente CC. Toward a comprehensive model of change. In: Miller WR, Heather N, eds. Treating Addictive Behaviors: Processes of Change. New York: Plenum Press; 1992:3-27.
2. Fiore MC, Bailey WC, Cohen SJ, et al. Treating tobacco use and dependence. Clinical Practice Guideline. Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services. Public Health Service; 2000.
3. Rice VH, Stead LF. Nursing interventions for smoking cessation [Cochrane review]. The Cochrane Library. Issue 3. Oxford: Update Software, 2002.
4. Hajek P, Taylor TZ,Mills P. Brief intervention during hospital admission to help patients to give up smoking after myocardial infarction and bypass surgery: randomised controlled trial. BMJ 2002; 324:641-645.
5. Quist-Paulsen P, Gallefoss F. Randomised controlled trial of smoking cessation intervention after admission for coronary heart disease. BMJ 2003;327: 1254-1257.
7. Silagy C, Stead LF. Physician advice for smoking cessation [Cochrane review]. The Cochrane Library. Issue 3. Oxford. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(3):CD000146.
8. Silagy C, Lancaster T, Stead L, Mant D, Fowler G. Nicotine replacement therapy for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2004;(3): CD000146.
9. Rigotti NA. Treatment of tobacco use and dependence. N Engl J Med 2002;346(7):506-512.
10. J0renby DE, Leischow SJ, Nides MA, et al. A controlled trial of sustained-release bupropion, a nicotine patch or both for smoking cessation. N Engl J Med 1999;340:685-691.
11. Gonzales D, Rennard SI, Nides M, et al. Varenicline, an a4p2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor partial agonist,vs sustained-relaese bupropion and placebo for smoking cessation. JAMA 2006;296:47-55.
Was this article helpful?
How To Maintain The Stop Smoking Pledge From Your New Year’s Resolution. Get All The Support And Guidance You Need To Be A Success At Quitting Smoking. This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To How To Maintain The Stop Smoking Pledge From Your New Year’s Resolution.