1. O'Brien S, Guilhot F, Larson RA, et al. The IRIS study: International Randomized Study of Interferon and low dose cytarabine versus STI571 (Imatinib mesylate) in patients with newly diagnosed chronic phase Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. N Engl J Med 2003; 348(11): 994-1004.
2. Guilhot FG, Larson RA, O'Brien SG, et al., on behalf of IRIS Study Group. Long-term benefits of Imatinib for patients newly diagnosed with chronic myelogenous leukaemia in chronic phase: the 5-year update from the IRIS study Haematologica 2006; 91(s1): 466a.
3. Hochhaus A, Kreil S, Corbin AS, et al. Molecular and chromosomal mechanisms of resistance to imatinib (STI571) therapy. Leukemia 2002; 16(11):2190-2196.
4. Elrick LJ, Jorgensen HG, Mountford JC, et al. Punish the parent not the progeny. Blood 2005; 105(5):1862-1866.
5. Sorel N, Bonnet ML, Guillier M, et al. Evidence of ABL-kinase domain mutations in highly purified primitives populations of patients with chronic myelogenous leukaemia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2004; 323(3):728-730.
6. Druker BJ, Talpaz M, Resta DJ, et al. Efficacy and safety of a specific inhibitor of the BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase in chronic myeloid leukemia. N Engl J Med 2001; 344(14): 1031-1037.
7. Talpaz M, Silver RT, Druker BJ, et al. Imatinib induces durable hematologic and cytoge-netic responses in patients with accelerated phase chronic myeloid leukemia: results of a phase 2 study Blood 2002; 99(6):1928-1937.
8. Kantarjian H, Talpaz M, O'Brien S, et al. Dose escalation of imatinib mesylate can overcome resistance to standard-dose therapy in patients with chronic myelogenous leukaemia. Blood 2003; 101(2):473-475.
9. Cortes J, Giles F, O'Brien S, et al. Result of high-dose imatinib mesylate in patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia after failure of interferonalpha. Blood 2003; 102(1):83-86.
10. Kantarjian H, Talpaz M, O'Brien S, et al. High-dose imatinib mesylate therapy in newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemia. Blood 2004; 103(8):2873 - 2878.
11. Aoki E, Kantarjian H, O'Brien S, et al. High-dose imatinib mesylate treatment in patients with untreated early chronic phase (CP) chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML): 2.5-year follow up. J CO 2006; 24(18S) Part I of II:6535a.
12. Hughes T, Branford S, Reynolds J, et al. Maintenance of Imatinib dose intensity in the first six months of therapy for newly diagnosed patients with CML is predictive of molecular response, independent of the ability to increase dose at a later point. Blood 2005; 106(suppl 1):164a.
13. Rosti G, Martinelli G, Castagnetti F, et al. Imatinib 800 mg: preliminary results of a phase II trial of the GIMEMA CML working party in intermediate Sokal risk patients and status-of-the-art of an ongoing multinational, prospective randomized trial of imatinib standard dose (400 mg daily) vs high dose (800 mg daily) in high Sokal risk patients. Blood 2005; 106(suppl 1):1098a.
14. Cortes J, Giles F, Salvado AJ, et al. Interim analysis of a multicenter trial of High Dose (HD) Imatinib in newly diagnosed early Chronic Phase (CP) Patients with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML). Blood 2005; 106(suppl 1):1085a.
15. Lipton JH, Khoroshko ND, Golenkov AK, et al. The Pegasys CML Study Group. Two-year survival data from a randomized study of peginterferon alfa-2a(40KD) vs interferon alfa -2a in patients with chronic phase chronic myelogenous leukemia. Blood 2003; 102(suppl 1):3363a.
16. Gardembas M, Rousselot P, Tulliez M, et al. Results of a prospective phase 2 study combining imatinib mesylate and cytarabine for the treatment of Philadelphia-positive patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia in chronic phase. Blood 2003; 102(13): 4298-4305.
17. Baccarani M, Martinelli G, Rosti G, et al. Imatinib and pegylated human recombinant interferon-a2b in early chronic-phase chronic myeloid leukemia. Blood 2004; 104(13): 4245-4251.
18. Cortes J, Talpaz M, O'Brien S, et al. A randomized trial of high-dose (HD) Imatinib Mesy-late (IM) with or without Peg-Interferon (PEG-IFN) and GM-CSF as frontline therapy for patients with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) in early Chronic Phase (CP). Blood 2005; 106(suppl 1):1084a.
19. Kano Y, Akutsu M, Tsunoda S, et al. In vitro cytotoxic effects of a tyrosine kinase inhibitor STI571 in combination with commonly used antileukemic agents. Blood 2001; 97(7): 1999-2007.
20. Berger U, Hochhaus A, Pfirrmann M, et al. Concept, feasibility and results of the randomized comparison of imatinib combination therapies for chronic myeloid leukemia : the german CML-study IV. Blood 2005; 106(suppl 1):1083a.
21. Guerci A, Nicolini F, Maloisel F, et al. Randomized comparison of imatinib with imatinib combination therapies in newly diagnosed chronic myelogenous leukemia patients in chronic phase: design and first interim analysis of a phase III trial from the French CML group. Blood 2005; 106(suppl 1):168a.
22. Piazza RG, Magistroni V, Andreoni F, et al. Imatinib dose increase up to 1200 mg daily can induce new durable complete cytogenetic remissions in relapsed Ph+ chronic myeloid leukemia patients. Leukemia 2005; 19(11):1985-1987.
23. Chuah C, Tipping AJ, Goldman, et al. Zoledronate is active against Imatinib Mesylate-resistant Chronic Myeloid Leukemia cell lines and synergistic/additive when combined with Imatinib Mesylate. Blood 2003; 102(suppl 1):57a.
24. Dai Y, Rahmani M, Pei XY, et al. Bortezomib and flavopiridol interact synergistically to induce apoptosis in chronic myeloid leukaemia cells resistant to imatinib mesylate through both Bcr/Abl-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Blood 2004; 104(2): 509-518.
Was this article helpful?